Featured Article
How can I Prove I was Underpaid If My Employer Failed to Keep Records?
How can I Prove I was Underpaid If My Employer Failed to Keep Records?

If you plan to pursue a legal claim against your current or former employer for an overtime and wage hour violation , it is critical to get your facts straight. Many employers do not keep complete records of how much they pay their workers, despite the fact that they are ...

Read More

Blog posts in October, 2018

  • Can I File an Age Discrimination Lawsuit in New York if I do Not Live or Work Here?

    New York State and New York City both provide legal protections for workers that meet–and often exceed–the provisions of federal civil rights law. In ...

    View More
  • Avon Faces Pregnancy Discrimination Lawsuit

    Even under the best of conditions, it is a challenge for pregnant women to succeed in the workplace. Many employers remain wedded to outdated notions ...

    View More
  • Can Men Sue for Sex Discrimination?

    In the wake of the #MeToo movement, many women have taken steps to confront and address sexual harassment in the workplace. This has led to some ...

    View More
  • Second Circuit Revisits Issue of "Double Recovery" in Minimum Wage and Overtime Cases

    Overtime and wage hour violations are governed by both federal and state law. This has led to some confusion as to the types of damages an employee ...

    View More
  • When can a Court Overturn an Arbitration Award in a Discrimination Case?

    Many New York employees are subject to arbitration agreements. This means that if they are victims of employment discrimination or any other illegal ...

    View More

Contact Us Today

All Consultations Are Free and Confidential
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.