New York Social Media Influencer Lawyer
Skilled Legal Help for Influencers
Working as a social influencer can be a worthwhile endeavor. You get to make a living off of sharing your craft or ideas with the world or helping others hone their skills. Still, this type of work may not merely entail posting your videos or other content online and calling it a day. You must consider various legal aspects. You want to ensure that you properly disclose endorsements, fully understand contract terms, use other's works with appropriate permissions, and have your intellectual property protected to avoid exposure to a range of legal action.
At Nisar Law Group, P.C., our New York social media influencer attorney can help you navigate the legal side of your social media brand, allowing you to focus on the creative side. From negotiating your advertising/brand contract to protecting your legal rights. We also have a firm grasp of the policies of social media platforms like Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. Our team will explain your rights and obligations in clear terms, review and negotiate contracts, and provide the counsel you need to ensure that you understand this very complex side of your brand.Click here to schedule a consultation with our social media lawyer to discuss your options today
Guidance for a Range of Legal Matters
As a social media influencer, building your brand and reputation may require using specific images and sounds/music, working with other companies, and sharing your personal methods and ideas, among other things. Legal considerations are attached to each of these areas and knowing which laws or guidelines you must follow can be difficult, especially if you do not have a background in the law. A misstep or misunderstanding could hurt your online career.
Our social media influencer attorney in New York is here to help you achieve your business/brand growth goals while also protecting your rights and best interests. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to fully represent you throughout all stages of your business.
At Nisar Law Group, P.C., we provide counsel for a range of matters including, but not limited to:
- Disclosures/FTC Compliance: If you endorse a product or service and have a material relationship with the company that owns it, you are required by federal law to share that information with your followers. Additionally, you cannot say that you used a product that you have not tried or make unsubstantiated claims about it.
- Intellectual property: As a social media influencer, you might develop your own original content or works. To ensure that no other person uses or profits off it, you must have copyrights, trademarks, or patents in place.
- Influencer agreements: As your brand and reputation continue to grow, other companies may reach out to you regarding endorsement deals. You will want to have a clear, solid influencer contract in place and ensure that you understand your legal obligations and requirements.
- Copyright infringement: When developing and producing your content, you might find someone else's works online that you think would be perfect for your segment. But it is important to know that using another person's content without permission could expose you to a copyright infringement lawsuit.
- Products liability: If you endorse a product that harms others, those who have sustained an injury may attempt to take legal action against you to seek compensation for damages they suffered. But are you liable for harm caused by another company's product?
Speak with our New York social media influencer lawyer about your situation, goals, and needs, and we can provide sound legal guidance. We are skilled negotiators and litigators and can represent you every step of the way.
Legal Help for Social Media Influencers
Nisar Law Group, P.C. is prepared to deliver the counsel you need to protect your brand as you begin or continue to grow your career as a social media influencer.
To schedule a consultation with our social media influencer lawyer in New York, call us at (646) 760-6493 or contact us online today.