Marijuana Business Attorney
Fighting For Your Best Interest
New York Marijuana Business Attorney
Legal Assistance for Cannabis Business Owners in New York
As of March 31, 2021, adult recreational use of marijuana is legal in New York. With the state having over 19 million residents and being an attractive tourist destination, legislators predict that tax collections from the recreational marijuana industry will bring in hundreds of millions of dollars annually and tens of thousands of jobs. Many would-be retailers are expected to take advantage of the business/economic opportunities the new law affords. But opening a marijuana business is a complicated process, as potential owners must adhere to state and local rules and regulations and be mindful of federal laws (marijuana is still illegal at the federal level).
Legal sales of recreational marijuana have not yet begun – and may be at least a year away, as the Office of Cannabis Management must be established and then create guidelines for cultivating, distributing, and selling. Still, if you are considering opening a marijuana business in New York, now is the time to start planning and preparing. Because there are various legal factors to consider when beginning such a business, it is crucial that you speak with Nisar Law Group, P.C. about your options and obligations.Click here to schedule a consultation with our cannabis lawyer to discuss your options today
Providing Counsel for a Range of Marijuana Business Matters
When launching your own marijuana business, you must ensure that you adhere to all pertinent laws and regulations. Failing to do so could expose you to legal action in civil or criminal courts.
At Nisar Law Group, P.C., we are ready to deliver the guidance you need at all stages of your business. Our team will provide a comprehensive review of the laws you must abide by, licenses you must acquire, contracts you might enter, and other relevant factors.
Our marijuana business attorney in New York provides counsel for various issues, including:
- Business formation concerns: These include a wide array of matters, such as commercial leasing, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, business agreements, and tax considerations.
- Licensing/regulatory concerns: The Office of Cannabis Management will be establishing guidelines for growing, processing, and dispensing adult-use marijuana and is going to make available separate licenses to prospective business owners. It will also develop regulations to protect public health and consumers. You must receive the appropriate licenses and ensure that your business operates within these guidelines.
- Real estate and zoning concerns: When starting your cannabis business, you want to ensure that you understand the terms of the leasing contract you enter for your storefront or land. You need to know where you can run your business. Municipalities in New York can opt out of allowing the sale of recreational marijuana. Those who do not, may have strict rules regarding business locations.
- Intellectual property concerns: You want to ensure that your business and product have the appropriate trademarks and patents and you have well-structured agreements in place. To protect your reputation, you also need to be aware of your legal options in cases of copyright infringement.
- Labor and employment concerns: You might hire employees to ensure efficient business operations. When you have other people working for you, you must follow state and federal employment laws. You may also need to draft and negotiate contracts for persons in specific positions within your company.
Operating a lucrative and efficient business is important to you, and helping you achieve your goals is important to us. When you choose our team for representation, you can be confident that we will work diligently to protect your best interests. Our New York marijuana business lawyer can review, advise and negotiate contracts and agreements, ensure that you comply with applicable laws, and litigate matters when necessary.
Call Nisar Law Group, P.C. Today
We deliver personalized representation to our clients. We will get to know you and learn about your goals and needs to assist in establishing your recreational marijuana business.
Schedule a consultation with our New York marijuana business lawyer by calling (646) 760-6493 or submitting an online contact form today.
Why We're the Right Choice
Seasoned Litigators Who Have Handled Numerous Jury & Bench Trials
Providing Representation with Clarity, Honesty & Integrity
Building Long-Term Affiliations & Relationships
Offering Consultations for All Case Types We Handle
In good hands!
After 2 years of suffering abuse and discrimination by my bosses, I finally decided to trust Lawyer Nisar to help me gain justice against their abuse.- Maria
Able to resolve my case in just 4 months.
Great attorneys to work with. They were upfront with my scenarios and stayed on top of the matter I had with my employer.- Lidia
Took his time to listen to everything I had to say.
Listened to everything I had to say and then asked me questions regarding my situation. He really took his time to listen to everything I had to say.- Bibi