Sexual Harassment Attorney NYC
Treated Inappropriately at Work? Call (646) 760-6493 Today.
At Nisar Law Group, P.C., our New York sexual harassment lawyers bring a thorough knowledge of discrimination laws and employment litigation to each case, giving employees who've been sexually harassed a significant advantage during the negotiation and litigation processes.
Call (646) 760-6493 to discuss your options during an initial consultation with an attorney.
What Constitutes Sexual Harassment?
The following are examples of what could be considered sexual harassment in the workplace:
- Making inappropriate jokes about sex or gender
- Repeatedly flirting with a coworker
- Sending or sharing lewd imagery at work or in a work-related forum
Many cases do not involve a coworker but instead a business owner or executive. If you were victimized by a co-worker or boss, contact our attorneys for experienced representation.
Companies might be accused of sexual harassment or discrimination if:
- One sex or gender is routinely paid less than the average amount
- Hiring practices seem to favor one sex or gender
- Firing members of one sex or gender
- Not preventing or penalizing sexual harassment between employees
It is also important to note that sexual harassment does not need to include two members of the opposite sex or gender. Federal law states that sexual harassment and discrimination can occur between any two people. For example, a woman who makes inappropriate comments about a female coworker’s appearance has still committed sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Can a Civil Servant be Fired for Sexual Harassment?
- The Legal Aftermath of the Sexual Harassment Scandals
Giving You the Legal Edge You Need
Take legal action today by preparing your case with a sexual harassment attorney in New York City. You can contact our firm online at any time to request an initial case evaluation.