Wrongful Termination Lawyer NYC
Protecting New York Workers From Unfair Termination
Were you recently fired from your job? Do you suspect that you were fired illegally or wrongfully terminated? Most jobs are “at-will” which means that an employee may be fired for any reason (or no reason at all) at any time, however, there are exceptions to this. If you believe that you were wrongfully released from your work, depending on the details of the termination, you may have a case against your former employer and may sue them for wrongful termination.
Is NY At-Will Employment?
New York has “at-will” employment. This means that an employer may fire an employee at any time for any reason. Unfortunately, some employers abuse this principal in order to let employees go for illegitimate reasons, such as due to their race, their refusal to participate in illegal activities, or as retaliation for whistleblowing.
If you were released by your employer and you believe it was done unjustly, do not hesitate to contact a New York wrongful termination lawyer from Nisar Law Group, P.C.. We are backed by years of experience in employment law and want to fight for what is right based on NYC termination laws. If you were terminated unfairly, you deserve justice! Call (646) 760-6493 to schedule a consultation with one of our wrongful termination NYC lawyers.
Hire a New York Wrongful Termination Lawyer at Nisar Law Group, P.C.
At Nisar Law Group, P.C., our trial-tested New York wrongful termination lawyers believe that employers must be held accountable when they knowingly violate worker rights and are prepared to go the distance in pursuit of justice on your behalf.
Reasons to trust our NYC wrongful termination lawyers with your case:
- 10.0 “Superb” Avvo Rating for client satisfaction
- Included in New York Metro Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠
- Named to the “Nation’s Top One Percent” by the NADC
- Numerous jury and bench trials handled
What Is Considered Wrongful Termination in New York?
While at-will law does give employers the right to terminate an employee for almost any reason, or even no reason at all in some cases, employees are afforded numerous state and federal protections against being fired for illegal or discriminatory reasons. Our team of wrongful termination NYC lawyers can examine the circumstances of your case and determine the most appropriate course of action to pursue.
Common examples of wrongful termination include:
- Employee discrimination: Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1984, employers are prohibited from taking negative actions against an employee based on their sex, race, national origin, religion, age, disability or other protected characteristic.
- Retaliation: Employees cannot be punished for engaging in legal actions such as filing a complaint about harassment, discrimination, or whistleblowing. While retaliation may include acts as drastic as wrongful termination, other prohibited acts include targeted demotions, sudden transfers, or promotion denials.
- Breach of contract: An employment contract may sometimes specify the terms under which an employee may be terminated. A case may sometimes be made that a worker is not an at-will employee if their contract includes clauses which relate to job security.
- Policy violations: Workers may not be released for engaging in state or federally protected acts, such as taking time off for jury duty, to vote, or to serve in the armed forces.
What To Do If Your Employer Complains About Your Performance
Discuss Your New York Wrongful Termination Case Today
Proving a wrongful termination case can oftentimes be challenging as employers are rarely willing to admit any sort of wrongdoing. At Nisar Law Group, P.C., our wrongful termination NYC lawyers have the breadth and depth of knowledge to craft a custom-tailored strategy on your behalf and maximize your chances of securing a favorable outcome for your claim. We understand the struggles you face, and we are prepared to do everything within our power to ensure your best interests are protected during this frustrating time.
A skilled wrongful termination lawyer in NYC is standing by at Nisar Law Group, P.C. to help you. Call (646) 760-6493 to request a case evaluation.
Seasoned Litigators Who Have Handled Numerous Jury & Bench Trials
Providing Representation with Clarity, Honesty & Integrity
Building Long-Term Affiliations & Relationships
Offering Consultations for All Case Types We Handle
In good hands!
After 2 years of suffering abuse and discrimination by my bosses, I finally decided to trust Lawyer Nisar to help me gain justice against their abuse.- Maria
Able to resolve my case in just 4 months.
Great attorneys to work with. They were upfront with my scenarios and stayed on top of the matter I had with my employer.- Lidia
Took his time to listen to everything I had to say.
Listened to everything I had to say and then asked me questions regarding my situation. He really took his time to listen to everything I had to say.- Bibi