The Bostock Decision and The Future of LGBTQ Workplace Rights with Ezra Cukor
The most recent significant win for the LGBTQ community is the Supreme Court’s landmark decision on Bostock v. Clayton County. It is undeniable that this decision will have a ripple effect on LGBTQ rights, not just in employment, but in many other areas as well. Join us in this episode as we explore the Bostock case with Atty. Ezra Cukor, and its impact on the future of LGBTQ rights within the workplace. Ezra Cukor is a Civil Rights Attorney and co-author with Shirley Lin of "LGBTQIA+ Discrimination" published in Employment Discrimination Law & Litigation (2020).
In this episode, you will learn:
- 05:49 - The impact of the Supreme Court’s decision on bisexual people
- 09:05 - What is textualism, and what is its impact on LGBTQ rights
- 11:08 - Bostock decision applied in different scenarios
- 14:32 - What is intersectionality, and its critical role in LGBTQ employment matters
- 19:50 - LGBTQ fight for equality particularly in the workplace
- 24:51 - Common patterns of workplace discrimination on the basis of sex
- 28:31 - How the LGBTQ community can tackle sex discrimination issues in the workplace
Connect with Atty. Ezra Cukor:
Connect with Nisar Law Group:
Need help? Call (646) 760-6493 for a free case evaluation.