Fighting Back: Workplace Bullying and the Healthy Workplace Bill ft. Dr. Gary Namie
Workplace bullying is a growing problem in America and at a shocking rate almost comparable to an epidemic. Science continues to prove that when left unaddressed, it can cause insurmountable physical and mental health problems. Cases of workplace bullying are growing leaps and bounds and calls for a legal route of relief.
It needs a law.
We talked to Dr. Gary Namie, Co-founder and Director of Workplace Bullying Institute, about workplace bullying behaviors, the shocking number of bullying cases in the US, and the Healthy Workplace Bill.
In this episode, we dug deep on these topics:
- 01:39 - The passion behind ending workplace bullying and abuse.
- 07:32 - Definition of workplace bullying
- 08:11 - Is workplace bullying behavior deliberate, and does the intent matter?
- 16:32 - The correlation between workplace bullying and the Me Too Movement
- 17:16 - Who are the targets of workplace bullying?
- 19:05 - Shocking numbers of workplace bullying cases of work-at-home employees vs. in the office
- 21:04 - Is the bullying behavior carried through every facet of the person’s life?
- 23:34 - Are workplace bullies teachable and capable of change?
- 27:05 - Traits of the bully targets
- 31:26 - Is there a specific target of abuse?
- 32:47 - The industries or professions where workplace bullying is most prevalent
- 34:54 - The impact of fraternity mentality on workplace bullying in the healthcare industry
- 36:25 - The Healthy Workplace Bill - getting the law passed
Connect with Dr. Gary Namie:
Connect with Nisar Law Group:
Need help? Call 212-600-9534 for a free case evaluation.