Back to Work: How to Handle COVID-19 Workplace Safety Issues
In this pilot episode, we talked about the pressing issues you will expectedly encounter as you get back to work, trying to adapt to the new normal.
Maintaining public safety is everyone’s job. We all have a role to play. That being said, your employer must take crucial steps not only to preserve the business but also, and most importantly, safeguard every person’s life at work.
Despite the risks outside, life continues, and you have to deal with restrictions, safety precautions, and policies on top of everything else. The question is, are you well-informed of the new policies and safety regulations? Do you know your rights as an employee? Are you aware of your options or the best ways to navigate when faced with a difficult situation?
At the end of this episode, you will be armed with the knowledge and confidence to deal with the different workplace issues related to this pandemic.
What You Will Discover In This Episode:
Your options as a parent or someone who cares for a family member with an underlying health condition
How to request for a work accommodation as a COVID-19 survivor
The steps you need to take to protect your health as a person with co-morbidities
How to deal with a hostile work environment as a worker with an Asian background
What to do when you see a violation and how to protect yourself
What You Will Learn From This Episode:
- 01:09 - Options for parents with kids when returning to work
- 04:00 - Options for employees living with family members with underlying health conditions (high-risk family members)
- 07:36 - How do high-risk workers (with underlying conditions) deal with reporting back to work in the middle of a pandemic?
- 12:33 - How do workers with Asian backgrounds deal with the workplace and protect their rights?
- 16:02 - What workplace rights do employees have when reporting a violation of the law? (New York Labor Law 740)
- 19:21 - Reporting workplace safety violations and how to protect yourself
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- Americans with Disability Act
- Non-Retaliation Policy
- New York Labor Law 740
- Office of Safety Health Administration (OSHA)
Connect with Nisar Law Group:
Need help? Call (646) 760-6493 for a free case evaluation.