New York County Supreme Court Litigation
Trusted Legal Representation from New York Litigation Lawyers
The Civil Term of the New York County Supreme Court is the highest trial-level court for civil cases in New York County. This court is responsible for a wide variety of legal procedures.
Each department at the Civil Term handles the following legal matters:
- Motions & applications: Responsible for orders to show cause, infant’s compromise orders, and ex part applications.
- Guardianship/fiduciary cases: This department handles all Mental Hygiene Law Article 81 matters, including trust accountings and assignments to benefit creditors.
- Matrimonial litigation: Responsible for both contested and uncontested divorces, as well as orders of protection, matrimonial ADR, and beginning all uncontested action.
- Summary jury trials: Jury trials usually last one to two days and require that both parties agree to the jury before beginning anything.
- Subpoenaed records: Receives and maintains all subpoenaed records.
The courthouse is open from 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday. The Administrative Judge is Peter H. Moulton and the County Clerk is Hon. Milton Tingling.
The courthouse can be found at the following location:
- 60 Centre Street
- New York, NY 10007
Our firm is committed to delivering real results!
At Nisar Law Group, P.C., we know how important the outcome of your case is. We have years of experience handling arbitration, mediation, negotiation, and litigation and are committed to using our skills to further your case.
No matter how complex your case may seem, we can work tirelessly to achieve the kind of results you desire. Our talented New York litigation lawyers are on your side from start to finish.
Call our firm right away to take advantage of 20 years of experience.