Kings County Supreme Court Litigation
Protect Yourself with a New York Litigation Attorney
The Kings County Supreme Court, Civil Term is recognized as the busiest civil term in all of New York. Each department handles various aspects of litigation and it is important to understand where your case will be heard.
The following departments can all be found at the Civil Term in Kings County:
- Ex-Parte: All ex-parte motions, Orders to Show Cause, and appeal orders are reviewed within this department.
- Fiduciary: Responsible for supervising fiduciary appointments and keeping all documents pertaining to fiduciary appointments are submitted successfully.
- Foreclosures: Handles all aspects related to foreclosure filings and conferences.
- Guardianship: Responsible for all guardianship petitions which are filed when someone needs help with all personal and property management needs.
- Matrimonial: Handles all matrimonial applications for divorces in Kings County. This department is in charge of scheduling court appearances when necessary.
- Mental Hygiene: If someone may require psychiatric help, a petition is filed with the Mental Hygiene Court. The hearing is then scheduled as needed.
- Motion/Trial Support: Schedules motions that involve tort litigation/
The hours of operation for the Kings County Supreme Court are Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM. The Administrative Justice for Civil Matters is Hon. Lawrence Knipel and the Chief Clerk for the Civil Term is Charles A. Small, Esq.
The courthouse can be found at the following location:
- 360 Adams Street
- Brooklyn, NY 11201
Entrust your litigation matters to Nisar Law Group, P.C.!
We know how important your legal matters are and want to help you achieve the best possible come. With two decades of experience and a deep commitment to each and every client, you can feel confident in the representation you’ll receive at our firm.
Don’t let another day pass without high-quality legal assistance. Schedule your consultation with our New York litigation lawyers today!