Queens Supreme Court Litigation
Our Legal Team Understands Queens County
Being part of New York City, Queens County Supreme Court wields civil and criminal jurisdiction.
Departments belonging to the Civil Term are as follows:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR): Here is where mediation takes place for a number of conflicts. Trained third parties help other individuals identify issues and explore options to find mutually agreeable solutions including couples considering divorce or business disputes to avoid prolonged litigation.
- Civil Commitments/Mental Hygiene: This is where cases involving mentally ill persons are heard—persons who require treatment or release from a mental health facility.
- Commercial Division: This serves as a vehicle for resolving commercial disputes that involve experts in commercial law.
- Court Help: This office provides complementary comprehensive information on Supreme Court matters and offers referral information.
- Ex-Parte: This office accepts applications to see a judge on an emergency basis and handles applications concerning foreclosure issues.
- Foreclosure: This is where conferences regarding residential foreclosures are held.
- Guardianship: This office handles matters having to do with those elderly who are unable to help themselves as per the Mental Hygiene Law.
- Matrimonial (Divorce): Here is where all emergency applications for divorce are handled.
- Motion Support: Notices of motions and petitions, preliminary conference requests and proposed orders and judgments as a result of a memorandum issued through motion practice are handled here.
The Queens County Criminal Term manages the Integrated Domestic Violence Court, the Video Conference Unit, and the Mental Health Court.
Your Queens County Legal Resource
Our team at Mahir Nisar Attorney at Law is fully trained to litigate on your behalf in any part of Queens, in any aspect of litigation.
Call us today and we can discuss all of your legal options.